Join VillageMD as a Vice President, MSO Shared Services
Join the frontlines of today’s healthcare transformation
At VillageMD, we’re looking for a Vice President, MSO Shared Services to help us transform the way primary care is delivered and how patients are served. As a national leader on the forefront of healthcare, we’ve partnered with many of today’s best primary care physicians. We’re equipping them with the latest digital tools. Empowering them with proven strategies and support. Inspiring them with better practices and consistent results.
We’re creating care that’s more accessible. Effective. Efficient. With solutions that are value-based, physician-driven and patient-centered. To accomplish this, we’re looking for individuals who share our sense of excellence, are ready to embrace change, and never settle for the status quo. Individuals who have the confidence to lead but the humility to never stop learning.
Could this be you?
The Vice President, MSO Shared Services will lead the growth of our shared services function supporting new and existing clinics while also scaling and optimizing the shared services operational model through our partnership with Walgreens and our independent affiliate practice partners. Reporting to the President, Risk-Based Care, this leader will have accountability for all centralized MSO Shared Services including quality, medication adherence, STARS, risk adjustment, claims, utilization management, care management, and credentialing. You’ll be responsible for successfully supporting the implementation of our patient and provider facing operations while launching our Walgreens partnership in new markets and ensuring operational consistency with previous markets. This person will also be responsible for building out the team and supporting infrastructure to appropriately scale as the scope continues to increase in new markets. You’ll monitor performance of the initial launch while removing barriers and developing and implementing strategies that enable program adoption and success. This role will be dynamic and evolving in nature as the business scales.
How you can make a difference
- Take the lead in standardizing, creating, and sustaining a common culture and high-performing operation which will be resilient in a dynamic health care market
- Lead the development of policies and workflows
- Assist in the development of strategic long- and short-range plans and related business plans and provide operational/tactical leadership in support of these growth strategies
- Responsible for design and implementation of fully integrated, consolidated MSO platform to support quality, HEDIS, STARS, claims payment, utilization management, care management, credentialing, and regulatory requirements
- Ensure that clinical quality and patient satisfaction are optimized and best in class while cost effectiveness and financial vitality are maintained and enhanced
- Enhance operational effectiveness and quality improvement
- Assess the organizational structure and capabilities of the management team and align as necessary; work closely with direct reports to establish and execute VillageMD values and objectives; guide and motivate direct reports toward achievement of objectives, maintaining accountability, evaluating performance and planning for succession
- Provide oversight and leadership to the development of the annual operating budget
- Provide management oversight and support in the pursuit of quality of care metrics, efficiency objectives, clinical coding and documentation, and program development growth
- Provide leadership, and serve as an example, to a culture of information sharing, transparency, customer service, excellence, management visibility and employee engagement within the organization; encourage synergy and servant leadership in thought and action among all parties
Skills for success
- High emotional intelligence, the ability to forge meaningful relationships and clear success navigating diverse stakeholder groups
- A keen sense of personal accountability for delivering individual and team results on time and on budget
- Experience performing multiple independent tasks under pressure with a sense of urgency, attention to detail, and a commitment to doing what you say you will do
- A passion for being hands-on in problem-solving and execution with an intense focus on provider and patient satisfaction
- A low ego and humility; an ability to gain trust through effective communication and doing what you say you will do
- The ability to develop and sustain a positive culture as measured by consistent employee engagement and performance
Experience to drive change
- Extensive experience in healthcare shared services with a proven track record of successfully implementing and expanding offerings while scaling across multiple markets and clinics
- Comfort with launching and leading large-scale operations while driving transformation and change management initiatives
- Prior history and success delivering P+L results and building, leading and managing multi-disciplinary teams
- Significant healthcare leadership experience ideally garnered in a managed care, provider or healthcare services setting
- An entrepreneurial mindset with knowledge and experience in high-growth business environments including ability to roll-up sleeves and dig into the details of the work and drive disruptive innovation
- Experience successfully partnering with physicians and their care teams in a patient and provider-centric manner to affect change and improve processes and outcomes
- Ability to quickly gain credibility and establish the required relationships to influence and generate results; you must quickly influence market partners to take action and achieve results
- A natural comfort getting into the details of operations to drive execution, along with the ability to quickly pivot between strategy and operations
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of healthcare financial and operational data and reporting as well as healthcare technology
- Demonstrated experience driving results in a high-growth enterprise
- Bachelor’s Degree required
How you will thrive
In addition to competitive salaries, a 401k program with company match, bonus and a valuable health benefits package, VillageMD offers paid parental leave, pre-tax savings on commuter expenses, and generous paid time off. You work in a highly-collaborative, conscientious, forward-thinking environment that welcomes your experience and enables you to make a significant impact from Day 1.
Most importantly, you make a difference. You see a clear connection between your daily work on VillageMD products and services and the advancement of innovative solutions and improved quality of healthcare for providers and patients.
Our unique VillageMD culture – how inclusion and diversity make the difference
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Those seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
Explore your future with VillageMD today.